Index of Industrial Production(IIP)
The District Level Index Industrial Production (IIP) with base year 2011-12 comprising 6 Industrial Units (i.e. Siba Garments, Kesinga, Natural Cotton, Kesinga, RaghavTyresPvtltd,Dumermunda, Kesinga, Subas Iron & Agricultural Industries, Kesinga. OMFED, Bhawanipatna, Vedanta, Lanjigarh), against 17 items has been compiled on quarterly basis since 2012-13 to 2016-17 (1st quarter).
National Sample Survey.
- Introduction-The National Sample Survey(NSS),set up by the Government of India in 1950 to collect socio-economic data employing scientific sampling methods,will start its 75th round from 1st July 2017.The survey will continue up to 30th June 2018.
ii)Subject coverage- NSS 75th round will cover the subject “Household Consumer Expenditure ,Household Social Consumption:Health& Household Social Cosumption :Education.
- Objective of the Survey-All three subjects to be covered in this round are the prime source of statistical indicators on social consumption and well being, level of living and inequality thereof.
- Objective of the Household Consumer Expenditure Survey(CES)-In Household Consumer Expenditure Survey every household is distinctly identified economic unit of consumption of goods & services used for the direct satisfaction of individual needs and wants or the collective needs of members of the community and not for further transformation in production.Firstly ,as an indicator of level of living ,monthly per capita consumption expenditure(MPCE) of the household is both simple and universally applicable.
- Objective of Survey on “Household Consumption:Health-The Survey of health aims to generate basic quantitative information on the Health Sector.A vital component is the information relevant to the determination of the prevalence rate of morbidity among various age –sex groups & different region of the country..Further,,measurement of the of the extent of use of health services provided by Government is an indispensable part of the exercise.Special attention is given to hospitalization,or medical care received as in-patient of medical institution. The aliments for which such medical care is sought ,the extent of use of Government Hospitals and the expenditure incurred on treatment received from public and private sectors, are all to be investigated by the survey. Break-up of expenditure by various heads is to be estimated for expenses on medical care received both as in-patient and otherwise.
- Objective of Survey on ‘House hold Social Consumption :Education-The main objective of the Survey on :Household Social consumption : Education conducted by NSSO is to build indicators on participation of the person in education system, expenditure incurred on education of the household members and on various aspects of those currently not attending education(i.e,for the persons who never enrolled or whoever enrolled but currently not attending education)
There are 16”nos.of rural & 4” nos of Urban samples in this district for field survey. The field survey of this round will be completed on 30th June 2018.
The DPMU(Statistical Wing) Kalahandi is entrusted with the collection of different Farm Harvest & wholesale Prices of Agricultural goods ,Producers prices of livestock & their product and whole sale prices of cattle feed from selected markets..During the Year 2017-18,the Farm harvest prices and wholesale prices (Agricultural Crops) are collected from 4 nos. of rural markets. The whole prices of cattle feed ,Producers prices of animals,birds,meat,fish,egg,milk,and milk product are also collected from Bhawanipatna Urban market quarterly.
The base year price (from January 2017 to December 2017) has been collected from 6”nos.of rural & 2”nos of Urban markets & sent to DES(O) BBSR for compilation of district level Price Index (CPI) on monthly basis from 2018 onwards.
Basic Statistics for Local Level Development (BSLLD)
The aim of this Scheme is collection of Village Level Statistics which serves as input to the strategic plans & programme of the Government at grass root level. During 2017-18 the Village Level Survey has been conducted in 2253 nos.of Villages in this district by the field staffs.
- Housing Cell (NBO) Urban
The DPMU(Statistical Wing) Kalahandi, collects prices of building materials & wages rates of construction labour quarterly from Bhawanipatna Urban & sent DES(O) BBSR up to the quarter ending March 2018 for onward transmission to NBO.
- Housing Cell(Rural)
The DPMU(Statistical Wing) also collects prices of building materials & Wage rates of construction labour quarterly from Jaipatna & Utkela Centers & sent to DES(O)BBSR up to the quarter ending March 2018.
10th Agricultural Census
The Agricultural Census is a Central Plan Scheme and implemented in the State with the objective to collect data on operational holdings and area operated including land utilization ,cropping pattern, livestock, Agricultural machinery & implements, Use of fertilizer & pesticides ,use of certified seeds and agricultural credit.
The District Statistical Hand Book 2015 of this district has been published during the Year 2017-18.
Economic Census is a Central Plan Scheme fully funded by Government of India. The aim of the scheme is to count all establishment located in the geographical boundaries of the State. It covers all enterprises engaged either in Agricultural (except crop production & tree plantation) or in non-agricultural activities. The district report on 6thEconomic Census has already been published during 2017-18.
Official Statistics .
The DPMU(Statistical Wing) Kalahandi, collects various types of Annual return during 2017-18 such as;
- Registered Legal Practitioners
- Death due to snake bites& attack of other wild Animals.
- Street Accident due to conveyance.
- Natural calamities.
- Land revenue statistics.
- Entertainment Tax.
- Excise Statistics.
- Small Savings Statistics
- Registration Statistics.