Aim and Objective
The aim and objectives is the quality management of school education system of the circle i.e.Kalahandi District. The office of the District Education Officer is also controlling the establishment of secondary schools and to promote community participation for better human resource development.
- To achieve the target of universalisation of education.
- To reduce the dropouts and stagnation.
- To develop the infrastructure facilities of the school.
- To build the capacity of the teachers through in-service training.
- To provide quality education of the children within the age group of 6-14.
Brief History and Background for its Establishment
The Kalahandi circle came to existence since 14.8.1975 with area of operation within the geographical territory of undivided Kalahandi district. Now it covers 2 revenue districts those are Kalahandi & Nuapada. Total no. of Schools is 433.
P.T.A., M.C., School Committee have formed as per rules for participatory management of quality education.
Postal Address of the Main Office attached/ Subordinate Office/ Field units etc.:
District Education Officel, Bhawanipatna Circle,
Working hours both for office and public:
10 AM to 5 PM with half an hour lunch break on every working day except morning office during summer which is 7 AM to 1 PM without lunch break.
SARVA SHISKHA ABHIYAN, KALAHANDI
Present Administrative Setup:
- No. of blocks under sub-plan area: ( Lanjigarh & Th. Rampur)
- No. of BEO office: 13
- No. of B.R.C.s: 13
- No. C.R.C.s: 205
- Population Density: 169
- Sex Ratio: 1000
- Percentage of Urban Population: 6.91 ,No. of Wards in ULBs: 39